Forum

A place for reasoned, civil talk about stuff we aren’t supposed to question

You need to log in or register to create posts and topics.

Bill Browder's high powered attorney Randy Mastro

The Aspen Mystery House is my clever little name for a fairly arcane bit of deep research on who really owns a $11,00,000 property in Colorado that Browder stays in while he's in Aspen. Browder loves to sky, by the way

When looking at this related legal brief, I came across a lawyer's name representing both a Hermitage company and Sundance Aspen LLC, a company that Browder was adamant he does NOT control or direct, he just lives in the house that this compnay was created just to own that house.

The attorny was Randy Mastro, a name that I wasn't particularly familiar with.

The 2015 article [Browder Ordered To Comply With Subpoena In A Money Laundering Case] IDs Mastro as Browder’s attorney.

Randy Mastro, a partner at Gibson Dunn & Crutcher LLP said Browder said the hedge fund manager “does not have to consent to a deposition.”  Mastro is representing the hedge fund manager. He explained that Browder is living and working in England and is currently carrying a British passport. Browder is a former U.S. citizen.

Mr. Mastro is a high powered and esteemed attorny. His Gibson Dunn biography starts by saying:

Randy M. Mastro, a partner in the New York office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, is Co-Chair of the Firm’s Litigation Practice Group, which The American Lawyer has named “Litigation Department of the Year” three out of its last five competitions and a finalist five times in a row – both unprecedented achievements. He has served on the Firm’s Management and Executive Committees for more than a decade.

Then it goes on to points out Mr. Mastro impressive career, clients and major litigation he's worked on. I also took note Mr. Mastro's pubic service.

Before returning to Gibson Dunn in 1998, Mr. Mastro served as Mayor Rudolph Giuliani’s Chief of Staff and then as New York City’s Deputy Mayor for Operations.  In that capacity, he was responsible for overseeing all of the City’s operating agencies and budget, and served as the Mayor’s chief liaison with elected officials.  In the Mayor’s absence, he was authorized to act on the Mayor’s behalf. While in the Giuliani administration from 1994 to 1998, Mr. Mastro spearheaded City initiatives to remove organized crime from the Fulton Fish Market, private carting industry, and San Gennaro Festival. He also chaired the City’s Trade Waste Commission (now known as the Business Integrity Commission) and oversaw the successful turnaround of the City’s OTB operation. For two consecutive years, NY1-TV named Mr. Mastro one of City government’s “Winners of the Year,” and Manhattan File magazine featured him among the “45 Most Powerful New Yorkers 45 and Under.”

In the early 1990s, Mr. Mastro was a Gibson Dunn litigation partner. In 1990, he served as Associate Counsel on the Independent Counsel investigation of HUD Secretary Samuel Pierce.  In 1991, he was appointed Special Master and Monitor of the assets of a Saudi tycoon implicated in the BCCI scandal.

From 1985 to 1989, Mr. Mastro served as Assistant United States Attorney and Deputy Chief of the Civil Division in the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York, where he specialized in organized crime cases and spearheaded the federal government’s landmark racketeering suit that put the International Brotherhood of Teamsters into court supervision. Seven Days magazine named him one of “the 25 prosecutors and defenders other lawyers most admire, fear and talk about.”

Given Guliani's role the current disinformattion campaign by Rudy, The Hill's Jon Solomon and Fox News about DNC Ukraine election collusion and interference, seeing the Mastro-Giuliani connection perked up my ears, as he his connection SDNY, a central player in #Browdergate.

I'll also note this article from way back in 2004 entitled Firm With Alleged Ties to Gambino Family Hired Giuliani Officials

The brother and best man of Bernard Kerik, the former New York City police commissioner, were not the only well-connected New Yorkers working for a New Jersey contracting company fighting accusations it had ties to the mob.

Around the time regulators from at least three New York City agencies worked to ban Interstate Industrial Corporation from city contracts in 1999 and 2000 for its associations with members of the Gambino crime family, three former high-ranking officials in the Giuliani administration or their companies were hired as employees or consultants by the firm, according to documents obtained by The New York Sun and the company's chairman, Frank DiTommaso.

Those who were hired include a former deputy mayor and Giuliani anti-mob czar, Randy Mastro, and a former commissioner of consumer affairs, Angelo Aponte. Property records show that Mr. Aponte also served as a director of a separate company registered to the same address as Interstate at the time. Also hired was a security company headed by William Bratton, who had been Mr. Giuliani's police commissioner and now holds that job in Los Angeles.

Giuliani’s less than steller performance as Trump’s  spokesperson had me wondering about those connections.  Handler?

I’d even go beyond that...

Rudy has a cyber security company , And so has a real conflict of interest when it comes to the issue of Russia being behind the hack of the DNC.

That may be one reason that he’s never  filed a motion like the one that Roger Stone’s attorney suggested, challenging Crowdstrike in the entire basis for the claim of Russian hacking.

Don't know enough to properly comment on this, but I'll try to dig up some stuff to add to the wikimedia.

Quote from lee on May 18, 2019, 11:15 am

I’d even go beyond that...

Rudy has a cyber security company , And so has a real conflict of interest when it comes to the issue of Russia being behind the hack of the DNC.

That may be one reason that he’s never  filed a motion like the one that Roger Stone’s attorney suggested, challenging Crowdstrike in the entire basis for the claim of Russian hacking.

Regarding Rudy, I knew virtually nothing past him being mayor of New York during 9-11. I know he ran for president, what was it, 2012? Past that, how did he rise up in ranks so to speak between that and now?

There’s almost nobody but you covering this topic anywhere. I still don’t understand all the fine points well enough to connect all the dots. But after hearing you discuss BB, watching Andre N’s documentary a couple of times, and doing a little reading about BB/SM (sounds dirty!), I think at least understand the big picture.

Yeah, it’s not easy to tell someone where to start on this story.

We’re working on some new ways to present the material, including shorter videos that lay out the story in bits and pieces....