Forum

A place for reasoned, civil talk about stuff we aren’t supposed to question

You need to log in or register to create posts and topics.

Mueller Report.

Yes, I've got the Department of Justice version published by Skyhorse Publishing.  I'm reading and highlighting as I go along.  It's certainly not on par with Tom Clancy or Harlan Coben by any stretch of the imagination.

Reading the report on my own has allowed me to put forth corrections from those who in social media and other forums have simply put forth their own unread opinion of the report.

I wonder how many of us here have a copy of the report and are reading it.  Those reading it will certainly be more well informed than our elected officials.

Where can I find that? Thanks

I got my copy at our local Walmart.

Hearing people close to congress say that Mueller's opening paragraphs about hacking were completely fake was refreshing but I bet that goes nowhere. It seems a few people in congress have to know that it was a leak and not a hack based on the amount of factual reporting on the issue.

My question is what kind of trouble can Mueller get in when congress/doj realizes he knew it wasn't a hack, but a leak, and lied. He knew the only notable hackers were being paid by the same side (Bret Kimberlin's group, Awan bros, and DNC Contractors, etc).

Quote from paulswansen on May 19, 2019, 9:28 pm

Yes, I've got the Department of Justice version published by Skyhorse Publishing.  I'm reading and highlighting as I go along.  It's certainly not on par with Tom Clancy or Harlan Coben by any stretch of the imagination.

Reading the report on my own has allowed me to put forth corrections from those who in social media and other forums have simply put forth their own unread opinion of the report.

I wonder how many of us here have a copy of the report and are reading it.  Those reading it will certainly be more well informed than our elected officials.

The advent of digital publishing makes charging for access to this publication an act of elitism.  As a product of taxpayer funding this report should be unredacted and free to all.

@TimWoods Caution: when people say "it was a leak and not a hack", "it" conflates several different events and potential actors which ought not to be conflated.  More accurate would be to suggest that "they were ..."

Who near Congress have you heard challenge Mueller's claims about hacking?  I seem to have missed this.

Sorry to jump in before writing my own "intro and hello" post - hope to come back to that after work.

@rokit j I remember the old days when once or twice I ordered a free report volume from the General Accounting Office.  More recently I received a free CD of a Nuclear Regulatory Commission report on pdf.  For sure, the Mueller report is available for free on the internet, and I suspect one could request a free CD of it from the government.  But the tradition of private publishers also printing such works from the Iran-Contra Tower Commission to the 9/11 Commission is also a well-established one.

Honestly, I have no plans to read the whole thing. I’ve read plenty of the work of journalists I trust who discuss it (Michael Tracey and Aaron Mate both come to mind) and of course also encountered some of the nonstop discourse concerning it in the corporate and independent media. To call it a flawed document would be quite an understatement.

How am I supposed to take Mueller’s sham “investigation” or the resulting sham “report” seriously when he never sought to interview Robert Steele, Julian Assange, Craig Murray, Kim Dotcom, Rod Wheeler, Aaron Rich, Bill Binney, Bruce Ohr, Nellie Ohr, Victoria Nuland, Alexandra Chalupa, Brett Kimberlin, Serhiy Leschenko, etc. etc. etc.?

Since there was no way to prove “collusion”, “hacking” or “interference”, Mueller was left with admitting the first didn’t happen and then releasing an avalanche of innuendo that the other two did. He breezily dismissed any Seth Rich connection, took CrowdStrike at their word, didn’t lift a finger to look at Fusion GPS and then proceeded to make a mountain out of a molehill over the activities of the IRA.

So no, I won’t be bothering with reading the full text of the “report.”

@Jonathan K X or anyone else: Speaking of who was or wasn't on the witness list, is there a handy link that lists the witnesses who were called (or maybe a page number in the report, which I don't have in front of me now.  I've yet to order a hard copy for myself.)