Forum

A place for reasoned, civil talk about stuff we aren’t supposed to question

You need to log in or register to create posts and topics.

What did you think were the highlights of FaultLinesRadio today? (May 31, 2019)

Hey everyone,

Starting as soon as next week, we’re going to be putting out a half-hour or so Fault Lines Digest version of each day’s show...

We would like your input on what the highlights of each day are and we’re going to set up a special forum to do just that…but for now, let’s look at today’s show...anything you think we should include?

Here’s today’s show...

On this episode of Fault Lines, hosts Garland Nixon and Lee Stranahan analyze how the QAnon craziness has impacted our political climate and why it has taken attention away from important revelations made by Julian Assange and WikiLeaks. Are QAnon supporters now running out of steam, or is there always a new "plan" and narrative to "trust?"
Guests:
Ariel Gold - National Co-Director at Code Pink | Venezuela Update, Netanyahu's Struggles & The Abortion Debate
Carmine Sabia - Writer & Managing Editor at TheFederalistPapers.org | What is the Anti-Trump Media Hoping to Accomplish?
Ryan Cristián - Founder and Editor of The Last American Vagabond | Venezuela, ElectionGuard, Julian Assange & Bilderberg 2019
Ariel Gold, National Co-Director at Code Pink, returns to 'Fault Lines' to provide an update on the arrests and subsequent charges from earlier this month related to events at the Venezuelan Embassy in Washington DC. They also discuss how the political situation in Venezuela has evolved in recent weeks, Benjamin Netanyahu's problems trying to form a new coalition government in Israel, and how Code Pink is getting involved in the abortion debate following new laws being passed related to this issue.
Some Democrats and members of "The Resistance" have interpreted Robert Mueller's recent public announcement as a green light to pursue the impeachment of President Trump. Carmine Sabia, Writer & Managing Editor at TheFederalistPapers.org, joins today's program to give his analysis of Mueller's announcement, how the major news networks covered this event, and what the true motives of the anti-Trump media really are.
For the final two segments, Garland and Lee are joined by Ryan Cristián, Founder and Editor of The Last American Vagabond, for a conversation about a variety of topics including US involvement in Venezuela and Microsoft's new election software, ElectionGuard. They also discuss the status of Julian Assange's health and the significance of Mike Pompeo and Jared Kushner attending this year's Bilderberg Meeting.

I always enjoy when Ryan is on, however, I believe the most important aspect of today's show was the conversation regarding Q Anon.  At this juncture, its no longer idiocy; its downright dangerous.

entertaining HIGHLIGHTS and MUSIC from todays 5-31 Friday show:

Ben's Chili Bowl (DC) 1213 U Street  Obama and Cosby eat there free!

Stranahan mentions Wolfman Jack  in American Graffiti see him at 1:15:53

Wolfman Jack's Midnight Special links:

Midnight Special 1973 Intro only w Bill Cosby for Steely Dan
Midnight Special Steely Dan 1973 music only

Midnight Special Journey 1979 Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin' 
Midnight Special Steely Dan 1972 Do It Again

Midnight Special playlist 50

5-31-19 QUOTABLES: Is the Anti-Trump Media its Own Worst Enemy? 3:00:26

Hour One:
07:53 Nixon   ) "...he [Mueller] could have made a recommendation...or a finding..."
08:05 Stranahan "out chicago way...Art Kelly..."
08:21 Stranahan "... here's the thing. sometimes people get charged for the crime after an
investigation...he was charged after [the] documentary"  ... joke

11:23 Stranahan "okay so I was talking to my wife....you know what the light sabers cost?" 12:20 story
11:33 Stranahan "imagine 12:09
12:56 Stranahan  "heres the other thing...some toys need to pay me!.." 13:33   joke
12:46 Stranahan "what could go wrong?... end 13:40 joke
13:11 Nixon : " yeah what are you gonna do measure your light sabers to see whose is the longest?" 13:17 joke

Quotables 5-31-19 Is the Anti-Trump Media its Own Worst Enemy?

Hour Two

Sabia  83:01 - 84:07   "by the way the part that drives me nuts when Democrats were coming out and saying "...you know Mueller's basically said, he said impeach..."      ...Who the hell is Mueller?!    I don't see Mueller's name in the Constitution! ... no special counsel in the constitution!
They're treating this guy, like as if some kind of God has come down from the heavens and said "we must do this."
He's just a former FBI director., calm down."

Stranahan  93:47 - 94:31
You'll get people like [Admiral] James Woolsey,
(he'll admit that occasionally when he's asked
...you're right nobody nobody asked him)...

... the CIA's first operation, the first thing they did, 1948,
was interfere in the Italian election...

And no one, when they get a guy like Woolsey on, if they'd just ask him:
"okay tell me,
(let's uh let's rate the trade craft Russia used here)
let's discuss, that you as a person, {it [he] was a former director of the CIA],
If someone came to you and said:
here's my plan to overthrow the Russian election.
We are gonna spend $40,000 on the equivalent of Russia's Facebook... okay hear me out boss...
you know, well, how would you rate that?

Stranahan That is, anybody who knows anything about intelligence would go "that's not a plan!"

Nixon:  yeah but what about the part of the plan where you run half of your ads after the election?
Stranahan:  You see our brilliance my friend yes that cover-up you see
that's why you do it

Nixon  90:19 - 91:28  on MSM as PR outlets … floods and murders joke
Nixon  91:37 - 91:47 "Carmine I think it's unhealthy that what we call news outlets now they're not news outlets they're                   PR outlets for the for the parties I don't think that's a healthy what do you think?"

Sabia   93:04 - 93:12  "the other thing is that all the networks are on board with this Russia evil Russia evil Russia evil                      Russia evil this..."
Nixon  91:57 - 92:02 "cause now, you can either tune on news that tells you the democrats are evil or you can turn news                  that the Republicans are evil but you cant turn on NEWS!
Sabia   90:00 - 90:05   "it should be called DSN; deep state news. Crazy. "

Quote from rokit j on June 1, 2019, 7:43 am

5-31-19 QUOTABLES: Is the Anti-Trump Media its Own Worst Enemy? 3:00:26

Hour One:
07:53 Nixon   ) "...he [Mueller] could have made a recommendation...or a finding..."
08:05 Stranahan "out chicago way...Art Kelly..."
08:21 Stranahan "... here's the thing. sometimes people get charged for the crime after an
investigation...he was charged after [the] documentary"  ... joke

11:23 Stranahan "okay so I was talking to my wife....you know what the light sabers cost?" 12:20 story
11:33 Stranahan "imagine 12:09
12:56 Stranahan  "heres the other thing...some toys need to pay me!.." 13:33   joke
12:46 Stranahan "what could go wrong?... end 13:40 joke
13:11 Nixon : " yeah what are you gonna do measure your light sabers to see whose is the longest?" 13:17 joke

time marks work with periscope but off for YouTube...this post

Quote from rokit j on June 1, 2019, 4:37 am

entertaining HIGHLIGHTS and MUSIC from todays 5-31 Friday show:

Ben's Chili Bowl (DC) 1213 U Street  Obama and Cosby eat there free!

Stranahan mentions Wolfman Jack  in American Graffiti see him at 1:15:53

Wolfman Jack's Midnight Special links:

Midnight Special 1973 Intro only w Bill Cosby for Steely Dan
Midnight Special Steely Dan 1973 music only

Midnight Special Journey 1979 Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin' 
Midnight Special Steely Dan 1972 Do It Again

Midnight Special playlist 50

Garland Nixon's book recommendation The Confidence Game: Why We Fall for It . . . Every Time

Response to call for ideas to promote Fault Lines

Fault Lines Ideas 5-31-19  at 20:47

Social site seasoning:

Assign CJS students to link or log realtime to references to songs, movies, books, media within show OR assign tech to accept links to host or guest references in realtime! for display in broadcast room by Cam?

1.  Automate retweet memorable clips/quotables on tumbler?.  Collect quotes from guest interviews and favorites to automate as promos on radio and txt before next appearance. Assign curation?
2. Collect favorites links and references from show each day from listeners and post them in afternoon under scope? or tumblr Populist political and tumblr comic
3. Create daily sports only clip  and automate timed twitter release at noon? or hometime? Create sports intro file.
4. Make weekend releases through Sputnik of promos made w populist favorites ? or on comedy platforms comic clips?
5. Call for twitter submissions for best Quote or clip from previous day.  Let CJS pick and post next am before show
6. Call for twitter submissions on weekends for best Populist lyrics...with words freedom, justice etc.
7. Call for submissions..... best populist book w values split category religious and other
each week a different constitutional amendment.
8. Wikileaks week Call for submissions: Assange clips from followers!!!! one day twt storm
9.  Schedule Populist music dj hour one night before bed weekly biweekly?  pick a decade?
10. Post a clip to youtube...w permission have followers post their favorite clip on their own website or blog...you choose?11. Create a tutorial for opensource clip making to encourage youtube submissions or periscope contest standing in front of your favorite national monument

btw Periscopes do not appear in Twitter when logged out of mobile or desktop